Construction Project Supervisor (00e285c6058e)
· Collate and define project scope from end-user requirements, investigate project parameters and identify all potential construction and engineering solutions.
· Perform site surveys, estimate labour, plant, equipment, and materials for project works, as required.
· Make design recommendations for projects, detailing engineering solutions for infrastructure and basic construction projects to specified standards.
· Draft statements of work and minor project plans for construction, prepare time estimates for construction using MS Project Gantt Charts.
· Work with Supply staff to procure any materials required for projects well in advance of the start date and, once the project has started, monitor the use of such material.
· Oversee external contractors and assess and brief them on the viability and accuracy of contractor designs and proposals for a project.
· Prepare and maintain a master Gantt chart schedule for each delegated project to demonstrate realistic milestones, track critical path and pinpoint all potential variations and obstacles to maintaining schedule.
· Oversee inspection, testing and commissioning of new facilities ensuring that they meet the standards required for warranty and turnover to the end user and Facilities Team for preventive maintenance.
- A strong working knowledge in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- A robust understanding of engineering and construction regulations, including UK electrical and building codes, USACE, ASTM, NFPA, ISO and other internationally recognized codes. Health & Safety Training and accreditation.
- Project estimating, planning, and budgeting and Ideally knowledge of SAP and AutoCAD.
- Ideally a university or technical college graduate, with major coursework in Engineering, Project Management, or related field. Professional or post-graduate studies and courses are desirable, including in project management (PMP/Agile/P2), estimating, quantity surveying, construction quality management and safety.
- Ideally Health & Safety Training and accreditation and prior military/Middle East construction experience
- You should be a confident communicator with the ability to supervise, motivate, coach and train a team of mixed nationals and possess excellent communication skills in English and ideally be able to speak some Arabic or Spanish but this is not essential.
- Superb inter-personal skills and instant credibility are essential as they will be inter-facing with a number of people from different backgrounds, nationalities and religions.
- Resourceful with a flexible outlook, have the ability to multi-task in order to handle competing priorities and be able to fit in to an international dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
The rpc Group of Companies receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough in order to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
rpc international recruitment Ltd trading as The rpc Group of Companies is at the forefront of placing professionals working in logistics and supply chain, facilities management, foodservice, catering and life support services, military and defence support services, aviation, security, IT and telecoms, fuel supply and distribution, cruise ships and shipping, mining, engineering and construction, including oil and gas, whether it’s in the UK or Worldwide!
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working overseas and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.